Friday, April 3, 2020

About Don Stabler and Solomon Sahele

                   



 Don Stabler is a gifted Canadian Poet and a good friend of mine. I first invited Don to the Brotherhood of Gafat (currently called Meyesawian). He accepted my invitation and joined the online group that I created when I was living in America. Don wrote dozens of Meyesaw poems to honor Emperor Tewodros with passion and devotion. In doing so he became the first Meyesawian and made history for himself. Don is one of the few exceptional friends I made in those 10 years when I lived in America in exile. I am proud to call him a friend as a Poet and as a Meyesawian.
  
 ///////////////////
  
  
Solomon is a gifted Ethiopian poet and a good friend of mine. He is my Hometown boy. We are both from Debretabor (DT). We grew up writing poems and performing theater in our hometown where the Legend of Emperor Tewodros is everywhere in the streets. Solomon Sahele is now a national published poet and his recent poetry books are sold out. We still share our poems and bless poetry with love.
  
/////////////////////// 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment